Thursday, November 10, 2011

Team Director Summit

The Main Ranch House where we stayed
Kyle, Sara, and I all piled into my car and headed out to Hume, VA  to the Marriott Ranch. (I highly recommend the place, if you're looking for a nice B&B out in the hills of Virginia.) I was asked to attend to see if this was a future role I wanted to pursue in FOCUS.

The 3 days I spent out in the hills of Virginia were a great time to think and pray as to what God is calling me to next. I got to see another role within FOCUS. The team director's job title is to maintain the team and the program at his or her college/program. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes as a Team Director.

Standing next to our "Force Field Analysis" Chart
A team director has the privilege to serve everyone on their team be the direct spokesperson for the Chaplain. Every team has a team director that leads team meetings and helps delegate and monitor tasks. Kyle is our team director, or as we like to say "he's the boss." :)

As well as learning about the new things in FOCUS and some of the roles of a team director, Msgr. Swetland came out from Mount Saint Mary's and gave us a talk on Padre Pio and his life embracing the cross and how that must be a part of great Christian leadership. "The way the world sees love is the cross today." Embracing the cross. Padre Pio had stigmata but also had the wound on his shoulder. He had the wounds of Simon, who helped carry the cross.

All in all it was a great few days spent with some holy men and women!

I'll leave you with a snipit from Msgr. talk,  "Leaders are the first to love and the first to forgive. That's true leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment